Need info from you guys who have more experiences than me...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc 1959

Reaction score
Hello guys !

Looking for Bass Tracker Tournament TX-17 1989 with 70hp Johnson/Tracker 1989, Thruster45 Bow mount trolling motor. My budget is low and tight :|

Owner tell me evreythings works and no leaks !!! :-({|= (On pics boat looks good for a 89)

OK! Can you tell me more about this boat and motor ?

Lots of woods on this boat ?!?

its welded or rivet?!?

70hp 2strokes like gaz i think ?!? If the compressions are goods could be a good motor ?!?

how this kind of boat is on medium rough water ....?

i take all sugestions and tips from you guys who have more experiences than me 8-[

Huge thanks ! :wink:

Marc

Good boats. There are a ton of them out there and they are set up and fish ready. But. What is the price? What is the condition. Take it for a ride on the water. Sometimes motor problems don't show up till after a motor has been run for 15-20 min. wide open. Make sure the tilt/trim works under load. all kinds of stuff. It may make you feel better to take a buddy along who knows boats. Don't buy a money pit. B-bust O-out A-another T-thousand.

Huge thanks TCC !

Somes told me most of those boats have problems with leaks....and others told me motor is to old .... he ask 4.500$

i think i past .......

Thanks again for your comments !

Marc

Marc, I wouldn't throw the baby out with the Lucky Strikes. Boats, unlike cars, value must be judged on their condition not their year. Nose around this site and look at some of the disasters that have been brought back to life. You can find a boat that is basic, ready to fish and not too expensive then fix it up as time and money etc. Or sell a $1500 boat for $1500 when a better boat/deal comes along. I've had two bass trackers and leaks have never been a problem but if any riveted boat is abuse, left uncovered and water freezes in the seams over the years, they gonna leak. $4500 would be a good deal for a boat that old if it was a cream puff but if full of rot and ruin? But never ever give asking price cause no one ever puts selling price. With the economy the way it is and it being fall, you should be able to get a real good deal about now through Christmas. Oh yeah. Go wide, always think wide. Narrow boats are unsafe, tippy and will flat ware you out trying to stay plumb all day. Good luck.

Latest posts