HOLEY CR**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Doing some work in my home office today - it is super windy, winds over 50mph according to the radio.

I here a loud, bang and figure it is just the trash cans blowing around. Look out the window an i see a minnow trap rolling across the side yard -"hmmmm, where did that come from, those are stored in the boat?"

I take a look at the drive and, "hey, where is the boat?" Looked a little further and SOB, there it is.

Mind you this is not a small boat - 16" MirroCraft with a 25hp outboard and console. I cannot lift it by myself. I am gonna leave it until the wind dies down.

Lucky for me it appear to be a clean flip. no damage to the motor or lower unit at all. I think I have a few broken rod holder. Now i have a great excuse to re-build

Attachments

• UPSIDE DOWN BOAT.jpg
    UPSIDE DOWN BOAT.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 2,797
Jim said:
Man! Thats crazy! No Tie downs for the trailer?

Yeah I have tie downs - one of the other members here borrowed the strap and when he returned it I figured I would just put it on when I moved it. The boat is freaking heavy, takes two people just to move it to re-position on the trailer!

That's crazy.. we had terrible wind and storms here last night. Lots of trees down windows broken and even some roofs off. Anyway no damage here although I gained a couple of trash cans one of which ended up in my back yard which has a 6ft. fence :lol:

BassAddict said:
LOL............You big DUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! It takes 3 minutes to put some ratchet straps on it, now your gonna spend 1/2 day gathering up a few guys to flip the dang thing over

Thanks - I feel sooooo much better now :oops:

****...I should have put my dad's trail cameras in your driveway, I would have loved to see your boat in action :lol:

WOW sorry to hear about the minnow,, I guess she thought it was a seaplane....
I ran out and checked to see if my boat blew off the the trailer.
It's still there I don't think that I could lift it back on with out A bunch of help

Wayne

I took my straps off for the winter and my boat is just sitting on the trailer. Now you have me thinking..... :shock:

Look at it this way. Had you had straps on it, you would have to be pulling the trailer off the mess too.

Now, I have to ask this though. I can see loaning out your transom straps, but why did you undo the winch? Someone borrow it too?

Winch was not a strap - just a rope.

The rope snapped when it flipped!!!!! It did pick up the trailer and move that as well, the whole thing must have tipped.

I checked, the boat weighs in at over 500 lbs plus the 25 Evinrude which is around 150lbs - that was some wind.

So your saying 650+lbs...whats your point. Hook up Gromit up to the boat and throw a frisbee towards the trailer. I am sure she has the power to move that little bit of weight.

Thanks for the advice Jake - Gromit is not cooperating. Get yourself back home - I need help getting this back on the trailer!

Latest posts