Homemade Consoles

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VBTravisD

Reaction score
Alright fellas... post up... I wanna see pictures of custom consoles... Centers or Side consoles. What material did you use, would you change anything? I am thinking about making a little side console on my newest project and need some inspiration.

I looks fourward to seeing the consolds that has ben made.Me 1448 not has one as it is tiller steered but maybe put a consold someday if i put bigger horse powered outboard on her =D>

Here is one I made out of wood for my Jon boat. 14' Ultra Jon with 25 HP Nissan.

Attachments

• DSC00211.JPG
    DSC00211.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 29,130
  • DSC00210.JPG
    DSC00210.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 29,126
Mine during various stages of cunstruction. Aluminum console was originally made by Snyder boats out of central PA for a customer but was replaced and I got it from the guy that had it replaced. I reused the shell and grab rail and added the gauge panel, the steering and throttle. It's perfect for this boat because you can grab it when getting in or out and when moving around the hull. It inspires confidence and the wife even liked it the one time she went out in it (too fast, she couldn't breath at 50mph...)

P1010160.jpg

P1010153.jpg

DSC06608.jpg

It also works great as a bug and wind deflector when running solo.
Jamie

I am in the wood door business so I have pretty much a unlimited supply of Mahogany. The exact species is Cedro Arana but its just a type of Mahogany.

Here are some construction photos of the side console I just made for my son's 14-48 Lowes Modified V. Used Poplar, 1x12 and 1x8 boards cut to size as needed. Couple coats of cherry stain and then 4 coats of Spar urethane. Made a matching bracket for the remote controls as well. Mounted aluminum angle on the side and floor to hold/fasten the legs of the console Wasn't as hard to make as I envisioned, just had to have the patience to do the finishing work correctly. I didn't at first and had to re-do some of the finishing.

Having a little trouble attaching the photos, so I'll send this first and then try to add photos

Here's another try at loading the pics I mentioned.Console Design4.jpg,

here is the only pic I could get to load. If anyone has a suggestion on how to get these other jpegs loaded I'll try again

I think I finally figured out how to add these pics with a little guidance from admin that picture resolution needed to be below 800. Side Console pic6.jpgSide Console pic5.jpgSide Console pic4.jpgSide Console pic3.jpgSide Console pic2.jpgSide Console Pic1.jpg

Another awesome project built by a TinBoater. Love it. WE do have some great talent on this web site.

here are a few pics of my start on a new console. The front of it will have a seat on a hinged top as well the front of the console will be hinged for dry storage and easy access to electrical and steering. waiting to coat the rest with polyester resin after all cuts and additions are completed. Have a custom "can holder" glued and ready to install as well as removable and portable rod holders planned out. will get new pics as progress is made.
IMGP1319.jpg
IMGP1320.jpg
IMGP1321.jpg
IMGP1322.jpg

Latest posts