Pedestal Bases

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark29860

Reaction score
Hello folks, this is my first post probably of many. I have a G3 1652SC its got the front and rear casting decks. I have 1 pedestal base in the middle of the back deck. I would like to add 2 more, I can't install the bases with bolts, before I attempt this I would like to know if you all think using screws will work or will they just loosen up . Appreciate the help and suggestions.

Why no bolts??
i am guessing foam or lack of access.. if these are the issue you could try toggle bolts.
drill the larger hole for the toggle bolt and use a bent nail or steel hanger to work an area around the hole clear and vacuum the foam out after you break it up.
I tried screws and the did loosen up and pull free

redbug said:
Why no bolts??
i am guessing foam or lack of access.. if these are the issue you could try toggle bolts.
drill the larger hole for the toggle bolt and use a bent nail or steel hanger to work an area around the hole clear and vacuum the foam out after you break it up.
I tried screws and the did loosen up and pull free

+1 with redbug. I've used ones that are stainless and have a plastic retainer so you can take your bolt or screw out and not lose the nut part. I used a 1/4" stainless screw with a tapered head so they fit the tapered holes in the base. I've had no issues. Be sure to use a good sealer and you'll be fine.

Latest posts