Boat Cover Bows

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rellis1962

Reaction score
]After struggling for months to keep my boat covered in such a way as to shed water and not have pockets of water collect in the cover, I made some bows out of tent replacement poles that I picked up years ago on clearance at Academy. The hard part was coming up with some way to attach the bows to the boat rails. Rail connector contraptions that I pieced together are perfect diameter to snap in place over the rails. Probably wouldn't support a bunch of snow with just four bows but fortunately we don't have to worry about that here in Southeast Texas. Sorry, forgot to take a pic with the cover over the bows. Take my word for it, they work perfectly.coverbows1.jpgcoverbows2.jpgrailconnect1.jpg[attachment=0]railconnector2.jpg[/attachment

Attachments

• railconnector2.jpg
    railconnector2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,048
Very nice man! I had an issue as well but I ended up just leaving my seats on, which gave raised structure to the cover.

great use of items. I am on my way to find some of those flexable tent pole thingeys and some pvc pipe thingeys.....Good job. I hope mine comes out as nice

Nice work there =D> I did a similar version but used 3/4" pvc pipe for the bows. Probably sturdier but won't break down for storage.

Latest posts