Questions on steel flex and lumabrite

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam

Reaction score
I was just wondering if you can paint over steelflex? I know i want to steelflex the bottom of my boat and was considering doing the whole boat. I want to camo the boat and didn't want to steel flex the entire thing if i can't paint over it.

I also saw on here where someone used a product called lumabrite to strip off old paint or clean the bare alum. can't remeber which one. I can't seem to find any info on it now but was wondering if this product will strip off paint or if it is just used to clean bare aluminum?

Thanks

Adam

JMO but I would not steelflex the entire boat. Cover hull and bring paint down and over steelflex and you can blend it. Yes you can paint over it if done right. Use Aircraft stripper to remove paint and alumabrite for final claen. See my mod for some tips.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14366

Thanks for the reply Howard! You mod looks good! I didn't want to steel flex the enire hull either but from talking to some people around town i had considered it. I will probably just steel flex the bottom of the boat and paint the rest. How much steel flex did you purchase to cover the bottom?

Latest posts