My new boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
Well, I found this boat on my local Lake Allatoona board. I went and looked at it on Sunday. I liked it. It is a 15 foot Yazoo mod vee. Now, it does have decking and such already in it, but it was done with wood, and the hatch lids have already rotted through. The rest of the structure didn't meet my requirements either. Part of it is the fact that the deck has been there for a long time, and is worn out. From what I could see, the layout has a factory deck in the bow, like most modern mod vees, and has a seat box on each side of the motor, against the transom, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't have a stern bench. The owner has accepted my offer of 600 for the boat and trailer, without the 40 pound thrust Maxxum. (I already have a 40 pound thrust All Terrain that trips me every time I walk to my closet)

For a little bit, I am going to leave it like it is (not long - just long enough to acquire the cash to get it put back together) but then I will strip it, and do my own conversion on it. I will try to get the 1974 Evinrude 40 we have in the shop running, and put it on here. Right now, I am researching the idea of shortening the shaft to put it on (certain models have that option, but I am not yet sure of this one) or making a fixed jackplate. Then, I hope my Evinrude 4 deluxe will be able to push it at 3 mph, so I can use it as a kicker to troll for stripers. Then, someday I will acquire a 9.9, or better yet, a 1951 Chris Craft Commander 10 (rated at 10, but pumps out more like 16 - plus it is a great motor, and I like the look of it) for the 10 horse and under lakes. Also, I will someday buy a 24 volt transom motor to be my main source of propulsion on electric only lakes.

I will keep y'all posted as I start the conversion with it. I am toying the idea of a completely aluminum modification. Depends on if I can get a good enough deal on some 5052 sheet, to make the deck and lids out of. Otherwise, I will use aluminum for the structure, and plywood for the deck.

Latest posts