Lowe 1655tn Ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PartsMan

Reaction score
Hi new guy here. There is a Lowe 1655tn for sale around the corner from my house.
I am thinking about buying it and putting a center console and some seats in it.
Kind of like a bay boat.

This(The one I am looking at doesn't have the side console)
lor1655tn.jpg

To something like this.
lor1655tnrontcc.jpg

What do you think?

I think that would be pretty sweet. I only have a Tracker 1436... If I had a boat that long and wide, I think I may put a basketball court in too. :p

Honestly, if the price is right, that could make for a real sweet ride for you and your family/friends.

It looks like a basketball court compared to my 14 foot Starcraft Super Star.

This Lowe would be big enough to walk around on.

My boat similar to that and if I ever do a console,thats where I'd put it.
Welcome to the site.
Theres some nice center console mods on here,enjoy your stay.

Lowe makes a good boat. If the price is right by you. You don't have to drive far to get it. This time of year with the down turn in the economy try a little talk down too.

Finally got some trading done.
Here she is in the "flesh".
sc025761.jpg

Tunnel Hull
sc02578.jpg

Red interior?
sc02577.jpg

Looks like you made a good deal. The trailer looks to be in excellent shape with only minor maintenance needed. The tunnel hull will allow you to run shallower and is usually a more expensive option on new boats. Paint looks a little dinged up, but overall in good shape and could be touched up fairly inexpensively. The red carpet ain't pretty, but maybe that's what the original owner got cheap somewhere.

I'd suggest fishing it a few times, see what you like and don't like, then make a final decision on what mods you want to do to it. Fishing in it will show you what you'll want and where you want it. In the meantime, peruse all the mods other folks have done with similar boats to help you generate ideas. By the time you've saved up the money to do the mods, you'll know a lot about what you want to do to her.

That's exactly what I would have done on mine if the decks hadn't been in such bad shape when I bought it. Forced me to do a restoration before being able to take her fishing. :( You have the luxury of a boat in real good shape. I'd take advantage of that to go fishing.

Fisrt thing to do is to remove the bench in center and you then will have small front deck and back deck.Second you add to front deck,you make deck extention for it with treeted ply.Third is you gets a nice jet moter or prop moter maybee in 40hp with till steer.With nice open boat you will have a verry useable dezine and boat will seem much bigger than what you are thinking with out that combersome mittle bench in there,yur boat will be like my boat,open design =D>

Latest posts