spar urethane question.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutman

Reaction score
Ready to urethane some wood seats and was wondering if there is a particular brand of Spar urethane recommended. The local Lowes carries the min-wax brand. Does this work good or should I buy a "marine " spar urethane?

Troutman said:
Ready to urethane some wood seats and was wondering if there is a particular brand of Spar urethane recommended. The local Lowes carries the min-wax brand. Does this work good or should I buy a "marine " spar urethane?

Spar actually means "marine". Most any brands are acceptable if the specify they are spar. The stuff at Lowes is fine.

it's good stuff J... I used it in my last boat and as far as I know it's still holding up

russ010 said:
it's good stuff J... I used it in my last boat and as far as I know it's still holding up

I think J, was in reference to Jason whom is Troutman3000. The OP is just Troutman... of course I could be wrong.

Thanks for the reply. I did not know that "spar" meant marine. :eek:

Yep, TM3000 and I are two different guys. I didn't know there was another Troutman on here when I chose the username. I go by Troutman on several fly fishing forums since its my last name!

Troutman said:
Thanks for the reply. I did not know that "spar" meant marine. :eek:

Yep, TM3000 and I are two different guys. I didn't know there was another Troutman on here when I chose the username. I go by Troutman on several fly fishing forums since its my last name!

Very Cool Last name - I choose Troutman300 because its my handle on everything else. Guess what, I love Trout fishin, and it was a knickname given to me when I was 15.

I will add that it gives a very nice finish as well. I did my transom with it and did multiple coats over a few days with light sanding between and the finish is clean and smooth and looks great.

Latest posts