Two inch foam

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thad.

Reaction score
I can't find any.
:(

Lowe's and Home Depot only have the thin stuff. Is 2" sheathing just a northern thing?

Yes, that has been my experience. You can't walk through a HD or Lowes up North without seeing stacks and stacks of it. Down here ( South TX ) I've never seen any at any location. I don't know what your application is, but would a pouring foam work for you? You probably can buy that down South. Rich

how about a cement plant that sells masonry supplies like block and such around here they also sell 2 and 4 inch foam board and also when i do my boat i am going to use great stuff spray in foam

I found it in Atlanta at a building supply company

I have looked in a bunch of places between here and Jackon, MS. No luck.

I would rather not pour foam- I want the drain channels open to the bilge. Plus I don't want to deal with the mess and fuss. I'm lazy!

I'll try a cement plant, Caten.

Look for a local concrete accesory dealer. They usually stock it, very common for putting under concrete slabs for freezer buildings. And 2" thick is a popular size. Some may have some 3 or 4 inches thick. :wink:

Thad, sorry I somehow missed this post. I have some that you can have. How much do you need? I'm not sure how much I have, but guessing, maybe 7-8 pieces 2' x 3' I can't remember. I'll check tomorrow when I get off of work.

Thanks, Lawson. That's awesome.

I called the only concrete accessory/ forming supply place I could find around here. He said they don't carry 2 inch since it's mostly used for forming basements and we don't have basements here. I was totally out of options.

Thanks again, and I'll get those asap.

Closed cell foam boards.
If you look at the rebuilds done on here, a lot of them use them. Then you can see what we're talking about.

sixshootertexan said:
The blue foam like this?
https://www.bracingsystems.com/masonry-supplies/dow-polystyrene-insulation-board.aspx

Yep, that looks like the stuff!

Latest posts