Paint job pics

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gouran01

Reaction score
Hey ya'll, I'm torn on paint, not to paint, what color to paint, etc, etc, etc! Can we get some completed entire boat paint job pics along with the type of paint/epoxy used, the prep you did, details and advice?

Thanks

This is what the boat looked like right after I painted it. I used Rustoleum High Performance Protective Enamel. I used Royal Blue with a touch of black to achieve the color. Before I painted the boat, I sanded all the paint off the sides, front, and back. I sanded down the bottom, but didn't remove all the paint just to have an extra layer of protection and the fact that it won't be seen. I primed the boat with self-etching primer, a must for bare aluminum. I hope this helps. I got my ideas from other guys on here, so I know most followed something similar.

Attachments

• Interior Paint3.jpg
    Interior Paint3.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,318
I wish I could answer that question, but unfortunately my boat has yet to make it to the water. If you see my thread you can see where I'm at in the process. It will be hitting the water shortly though.

Check out my build I have detailed info there and it now had 1 season of fishing on it and its like the day it was painted. My build id here https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10823

Latest posts