Snap Together Electrical

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbursell

Reaction score
Anybody heard or have any experience with these guys?

https://www.ezacdc.com/Scripts/default.asp

I'm giving serious consideration to going this route when the time comes.

That isnt a bad way to go. Just make sure you get a kit that covers all your electrical needs. Adding additional circuits may be impossible or extremely difficult.

Wow! That's some good looking wiring. Seems kinda expersive. BPS and Cabela's have options that are...more frugal!

When I was doing my boat my brother told me to solder every connection otherwise they will inevitably corrode. His factory wired boat had those crimp type connectors and many of them failed. Not sure if the crimp type have anything in common with the snap type or not. I soldered and used heat-shrink tubing.

Jim said:
It is perfect for people like me who don't have the skills or tools but want a sure thing.

Yep, when it comes to electrical, that's a perfect description of me. Thanks for the input, guys.

bobberboy said:
When I was doing my boat my brother told me to solder every connection otherwise they will inevitably corrode. His factory wired boat had those crimp type connectors and many of them failed. Not sure if the crimp type have anything in common with the snap type or not. I soldered and used heat-shrink tubing.

I agree, do it the right way. solder and heat shrink FTW =D>

This is exactly what I used to wire my boat. This product is TOP NOTCH. Basically a plug and play system that is very easy to install.

This is the kit that installed: https://www.ezacdc.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=275

The product is expensive but you pay for convenience. The wires are all very cleanly soddered and wrapped. If you are going to get a kit, get a larger one than you think because you will find things to hook up to the system. Also, the kits come labeled with what is meant to be hooked up so it is very user friendly. Hook the nav lights up to the "nav lights" receptical and so on.

Like I said, expensive but I highly recommend this product.

Thanks Bulldog. Now I just have to convince the Chief Financial Officer that avoiding the frustration is worth the expense.