ply wood for the deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used 1/2" in mine and it's been just fine so far, for the deck. I made the hatches out of 1/2" also, and quickly found out they needed more support; they would bow when stepped on in the middle.

it depends on your size and the support you give it if the frame is solid and doesn't leave to much open space you will be fine

Hi,
I just purchased a SEARS 1972 12ft Aluminum v-hull and need help (advice) installing carpeted floors. I'm on a limited budget and can't afford much, but it's my first boat and really want to mod it and get it ready for the summer. I'm new to tinBoats and love this site because of all the different ideas and awesome mods. Though I'm a rookie boater...any advice is really appreciated and I will post all progress. Thanks!

12ftV-Hull11.jpg

12ftV-Hull5.jpg

12ftV-Hull2.jpg

[imghttps://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb462/geekster5926/TinBoats%20Photos/12ftV-Hull6.jpg][/img]

geeksterman,

you may want to start your own thread in the section. That will get you a lot more responses and allow you to find it much easier. Don't forget to do a lot of searching on here, you will find all kinds of ideas man.

Latest posts