what to do???????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsl

Reaction score
Hi,
New guy here. First want to say this is about the best web site I've ever seen. You guys have done some great things with these boats. Now im getting ready to start mine. I picked up two boats both 14' one is an old starcraft in great shape not even a dent in the bottom, the other is an older alumacraft needs alot more work rivets are popped and a few dents.

My first question is would it be ok to build platforms similar to a bass boat where you are seated elevated on the bow and stern, im concerned that it may be to top heavy while fishing. should i be concerned.

Next the starcraft was a width of 44.5" at the rear of the boat and 52" at the widest point tward the bow. the Alumicraft is 52" at the rear and widens to about 58". im sure its going to make a difference when it comes to the stability of the boats, but do you think it will make a big difference having one widen than the other. Im tring to choose what one to do first and keep for myself.

I will get some pictures up as soon as i can. for now thanks for the help.

I would look more into the top heavy concern. Its a big job installing fishing platforms. To find out you'll be top heavy. I have a 14 foot semi V, I put a forward platform with a one and a half foot pedestal seat, its stable but if the person leans over to land a fish it moves the boat quite a bit. If both fisherman are leaning, there is the possibility of turning turtle.

both of them should be fine! just browse the boat photos to come up with a plan~

Latest posts