crawdad 1236 by weldbilt boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabdaddy

Reaction score
does anyone have a crawdad 1236 and give me the 8) 8) pros and cons. thinking about buying and hanging a nissan 9.9 on it. Might be off line so call me at 803-229-2542, please no calls after 10.00 pm est. Thanks a bunch!

Good boat. Too much motor for the boat. It's a sit down boat. Short and narrow. Good for ponds, creeks and limited access (electric only) waters. Look for a used longer wider with trailer and then add your 9.9 for the same money. This is the time of year people are willing to go down on the asking price of their gently used pre-owned boats. But it all goes back to what you are planning to do with the boat. Mod it. Fish as is. Water your planning to fish, etc.

9.9 is fine on a 1236 tinny. I think that is a welded rig too, which would make it a bit heaver than a riveted 1236, most of which are rated for 10.

I guess I should have said, "Too much motor by price for the boat." Not a question of power. But why pay for a 9.9 when a 5-7 hp will do fine on a boat that size?

tccanoe said:
I guess I should have said, "Too much motor by price for the boat." Not a question of power. But why pay for a 9.9 when a 5-7 hp will do fine on a boat that size?

For me, 5 - 7 wouldn't be enough on that boat. Been there, done that. But, to each his own.

I already have the motor on another boat, was just wondering if any members here might have this particular hull and how it handled on the water. Really like these boats and if don't buy crawdad will probably go with the 12-42 flatnose. Thanks ! 8)

Don't think I will be disappointed with the 12-42 for what I want to do, but thanks for your input! Hopefully you and your crew won't get mad at me if you ever break down and need a tow back to the landing; even the big tankers and freighters have to rely on a little boat to get them into port. Regards! :wink: 8)

Latest posts