Project Pequod build thread

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Watts

Reaction score
This will progress as fast as it can, depending on how much time off of work I get.

There won't be any major fabrication here, just a clean up, tune up and light refurb on a low buck fishing boat.
So far, my total investment is $0.00
Boat and motor was given to me. The motor has been sitting out in the weather for 8 years. It turns over well, and makes good compression. I'm positive it'll run with minor tinkering. Prop is in great shape.
Boat needs new wood in the transom.
I don't have a trailer for it, but I've found one on craigslist for $150.00

So, here's the boat as I found it. It's a 14' 48".
2010-12-08_11-41-47_789.jpg

2010-12-08_11-41-04_428.jpg

2010-12-08_11-41-25_796.jpg

Here's the fire-breathing monster that will be powering it.
2010-12-08_11-41-34_562.jpg

I've gotten all of the trash out of it. The worst part was that in the bottom, there were a bunch of used oil filters, and jugs of used motor oil that had disintegrated due to sunlight. This had mixed with captured rain water, and leaves and trash, covering the entire bottom in a nasty sludge. I've scraped out as much as I can. The next step is to either borrow a pressure washer, or a trailer to haul it to the car wash.

Right now, I'm planning some sort of roll on bedliner for the inside. Whichever brand offers the most abrasiveness/traction.
The outside will get a spray bomb camo job.

Did I see an AC plug in one of those pictures? That's kinda cool. Looks a bit out of place though. :lol:

Use KiwiGrip for inside finish. I used it on my build and it is durable and provides really good traction. The amount of abrasiveness can be increased by rolling over it a second time 5 mins after initial application. I used light gray which turned out to be almost white. I recommend a little darker color like dark gray which is more like what I would consider light gray. KiwiGrip is not cheap. I paid $125 a gallon and only used about 2/3 of a it. All the white in the pics below is KiwiGrip.

Attachments

• kiwigripfloor2.jpg
    kiwigripfloor2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 564
  • livewellinstalled1.jpg
    livewellinstalled1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 564
  • sternhatches1.jpg
    sternhatches1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 564

Latest posts