Camo paint jobs.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pharaoh2

Reaction score
I see there are so many folks modding their boats I thought some might like to try and camo theirs. It's fairly simple to do and how I painted my first boat, a fibreglass tri-hull. If anyone uses their boats for ducks in the fall you might like this. And you could make it lighter or darker depending on your area. I've also painted different guns this way too, just use your imagination.

Once you decide on your colours, but several aresol rattlecans. Then you need to grab a few bags of dead grass, sticks, marshgrass and cattail stalks. Grab a few handfuls, tape their stems together and fan out the opposite ends. These will be your stencils. Spray your base coat of whatever colour you want, but keep the base light. I use tan. Then use your other colours over your stencils, but be sure to switch your stencils out often to dry or you'll leave globs of paint everywhere. Don't spray too heavy or make things too dark. You can use olive, browns, darger greens or whatever. Just not too dark, but, be sure to ad a few streaks of black in there for shadowing to give you a 3D effect.

It'll transform anything you use this technique on.
101_0616.jpg

Newpics_0109.jpg

And don't be affraid to try it on your other gear too. These guns were so ugly I had nothing to lose! :mrgreen:

2400sale.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

Latest posts