Deck wood

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12_Tinner

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I got the 12' boat all sitting under snow but I got some extra cash right now and wanted to pick up the ply wood for the spring reno on my boat. I have decided to put a piece of wood that sits on top of the middle bench right to the edge closest to the transom right to the tip of the boat on a level angle. The boat is out of town so i don't have the exact dimensions but what size sheet should I ask for, is there a standard size. I just want enough to cut out the deck and also to make a box in the front for a bow mount hand or foot controlled. Also what type of plywood, marine grade or regular 1/2"? i want to apply carpet and maybe come chemical to make it waterproof but those questions are for another day.

Hope to hear of some help on this one, what is the price point I should expect, just don't want to go overboard on marine when regular might do but will if price is not that bad.

Thanks for the help guys, I've been checking out some of those posts, some nice boats getting ready and in process. They look great guys!

Tightlines,
Mike

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_03 Oct. 05 14.39.jpg
    ScreenHunter_03 Oct. 05 14.39.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 402
use regular plywood coated with some poly and you should be good. One sheet should be plenty for the deck, but you need exact measurements from your boat.get some cardboard and trace the deck outline with it on your boat and then see how much is left over.

Jim said:
use regular plywood coated with some poly and you should be good. One sheet should be plenty for the deck, but you need exact measurements from your boat.get some cardboard and trace the deck outline with it on your boat and then see how much is left over.

I guess so, I just wanted to walk out with a large sheet of it.