flat floor? for 1648 mv

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to Tin Boats. I agree, you should be fine just laying it across the ribs. You might want to think about notching the plywood so it does not slide.

Please add your location to your profile

Thanks for the welcome!

I put some aluminum 2"x2" L shaped bracing in because the ribs are not flat due to the v. I supported them with wood pieces (sealed) cut to match the conture. The plywood will be attached to the aluminum braces that are flat and about a foot apart. I plan to notch the floor to fit in between the ribs. the problem I am finding is that my floor is wider that 48" so a 4x8 piece won't work unless I use multiple pieces. Is marine ply the way to go? What is the strongest type of plywood suitable for outdoor use?

Look through the posts and see how others have leveled their ribs with aluminum angle prior to laying their floor. If your floor is a little springy between the ribs, you can glue-screw some strips cut and placed long ways (bow to stern) between the ribs to stiffen up the 1/2 inch ply. Three to four 2" strips placed this way will really give the ply some backbone. The strips will go on the bottom out of sight. Oh, I guess I should read before responding. Just 12" between ribs. No prob.

Latest posts