Online Trading Assistants

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cali27

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone ever heard of or had any experience with "online trading assistants". I found a boat for sale in Buffalo and it is a great deal. The seller and I have exchanged several e-mails and he is selling the boat through this service. I had never heard of it, any info would be great.

Thanks

here is the website link
https://onlinetradingassistant.web.officelive.com/ws/default.aspx

I've never heard the title "Online Trading Assistant" before, but I would be VERY cautious before I sent any money out. There are some slick scammers out there. I came across one on CL that wanted me to Western Union money to a third party, an "EBay agent", in Florida. The seller was very good about answering emails and we sent email back and forth several times. A call to Ebay customer service confirmed that it was a scam, but it looked very legit. Just be careful, my friend.

Thanks guys, I did a live chat with eBay customer service and they confirmed that that webite is not legit. What a sucker I am though I found a steal of deal. I guess I will be more careful.

Thanks again

Yep, they are all over the place.

Last year, I saw a great Walleye boat for sale on Houston Craig's list. Now, a walleye boat down here is pretty rare. Of course, it also looked way better than the price would allow.

However, when I wanted to inspect the boat...they wanted me to send the money to some EBay address first. A sale on Craig's list doesn't go through EBay. It finally turned out to be a scam.

If it looks too good to be true..it nearly always is. Rich

I have seen quuite a few price to good to be true for the item scams on Craigslist... another red flag is if it posted locally but the item is located far away, usually a different state..... Item should be located in or very close to posting location....

Outdoorsman.