Steelflex or frogspit

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seasprite

Reaction score
My project boat is a 18 foot Jon boat (painted ugly safety yellow, it was a search and rescue boat). I stripped the paint off the outside. I was going to keep it bare aluminum. However someone wired wheeled the heck out of the sides and I cannot get a nice shine without sanding most of the boat away. So I decided to paint it. My other boats are bare aluminum and painted powder blue inside, it's not the best looking color, but it reflects sun and doesn't get hot to touch. I've done research on Steel-flex, however I cannot find a color chart? Does a chart exist ? I researched Frogspit the web site has a nice color chart. Has anyone used Frogspit paint? I'm a small mouth guide on the Susquehanna River which leaves a scum line every time you go out. I use hull cleaner on bare aluminum with some struggle I can get it looking good again. My question is can you use hull cleaner on Steel-flex or Frogspit? I've looked into the gallery on this site for color combination's of colors for inside and out. I'd like to stay away from the olive drab colors. Any suggestions as to colors, send photos. I can't decide!

You should be able to use hull cleaner on steelflex, but really all it takes to clean that stuff is mild soap and water. Its very slick and not a lot will stick to it.

I don't think they have a color chart for Steelflex but the people there are very helpful. If you give them a call they can probably give you some options. I used their gray color and I'm very happy with it. You can confirm this with them but I believe you can mix any color you like and get pigment from any paint store. Just be aware the base isn't exactly white. It starts out an odd greenish cream color before you add the pigment. Like I said though...give them a call. They are pretty willing to talk options with you.

Latest posts