New here. 1960 13' Valco Aluminum

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspansel

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just found this site and love all the stuff I'm seeing on it! Picked up a couple months ago a 1960 Valco 13' with trailer. Love this boat already.

This is when I first brought it home: Came with pretty much everything you see on it. Got all that, with trailer for $575. Came with fishfinder, seats, battery, battery holder, minn kota troller, anchor, pole holders, cup holders, ratchet straps, and trailer. Will be replacing the old minn kota 30# with a new model 45#.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The inside was pretty bad paint wise. Most was wore off on the floors. This is what it looked like:

picture.php

Decided to sand out the inside loose paint, rivets and seams and seal it all up with Gluvit. After that, I hit it with ZC primer and then a metal primer. Here she is after 2 coats of Rustoleum marine top coat with the anti slip additive added into it.

picture.php

picture.php

I am just now putting the stuff back into the boat as this paint takes forever to cure. Wanted to make sure I didnt gouge anything putting stuff back in.

That boat looks great. I started out with a 12' Valco myself and loved that boat. They're very well built. May I ask why you're getting rid of the Minn 30#? That motor should be great on that size/weight boat...no need to use more power to move the same mass.

Are you from Oregon?

Figured I could use a little more thrust. This one is pretty old too. Nothin really wrong with it, but the handle isnt really positive anymore switching between speeds. Reverse is pretty loud too. Figured a newer model would be good.

Yup, I am from Oregon. Central (Bend/Redmond)

Latest posts