Please post Steelflex pictures.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Willy

Reaction score
I am gathering material for my first jon boat project. I know I want to apply Steelflex but, I'm not sure what color. I would like to see the different colors on some boats. I'm sure there are others out there who are interested. If you have pics, please post.

Thanks
Willy

Gray

IMG_1527.jpg

Howard said:
Do you have to paint the entire boat with Steelflex or just the hull?

It's really your choice. On both my builds I tried to just do what's below the waterline.

Im looking forward to the OD green pics. I know I'm going to use steelflex, but don't know yet what color. My boat is currently the dark hunter green, so I'm thinking black, but the OD green might be nice as well.

I did mine in the same gray as above though I did the whole outside and went up and over the gunwales. You don't have to but I found I liked the finish so much I didn't stop. I was going to put a dark red stripe on the upper half but even changed my mind on that. I'm just going to spray the inside wall red.

Good luck with yours. For what it's worth I didn't find it as hard to put on as I thought it would be. Don't let it scare you. I did it by myself. Just get plenty of the small foam rollers and definitely get a mixer for your drill as mixing by hand would be insane. I found a mixing attachment for $4 at HD.

Latest posts