Doing any projects over the off season?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlejohn

Reaction score
Just before it got too cold I put new lights on the trailer (ones that came on it weren't submersible) and rewired the trailer. My trailer was made for a V-hull boat and since then I've adjusted all the rollers so they actually touch the bottom of the boat. I've also redone the winch tower thing on the front of the trailer but need to redo it again because the angle I have the cable coming off of it makes it a little difficult to crank it once the boat is on the trailer. Have also put a new chain and hooks on it (old one was old and rusty and wouldn't have held the trailer if the tongue came off the ball).
I'm hunting around for a deal on a new winch or at least the ratchet stop. Mine doesn't have one and it rotates freely in both directions. I've got that to do as well as build a transom piece for the front of the boat to keep the eye bolt from continuing to pull through the aluminum. May even hollow out the front seat and build a concealed battery mount in it. The seat tops are going to get covered in wood so I can mount my swivel seats back on them. The previous owner had riveted big pieces of diamond plate down to them to support the swivel seats and they look pretty nasty.
Maybe add a rod holder or two, who knows.
Anybody else doing anything to their boats over the winter break?

New front and rear decks and carpet. New seats(still in boxes in shed) and a new console fishfinder(to be purchased when my CFO(wife) says its ok. :LOL2:

Getting my Lowe out of storage next week(month, year).
Going to pull the floor out and come up with a game plan.
How much decking and how high?

Still looking for the right motor deal too.

Waiting is driving me NUTS! but I told the wife I would wait until after the holidays.
Also I had surgery Thursday and can't "strain" myself until Monday.

replace the current DF with a new one
install some vertical rod holders so I won't step on 'em as much
clean the boat, maybe get some new batteries, but will probably wait until spring for this.

rebuilding/modding a 17ft Sea Nymph Deep V. I'll post pictures later today. Got a good deal, as the hull is a nice wide/deep hull, and 17' long. Trailer has lots of potential too. Otherwise a basket case inside.

Which is fine. I wanted to do a rebuild/mod anyhow.

Since I've started buying the materials I'm doing a complete reno on my 12' Aluminum. I am putting front deck into it, a small bow box, a wood floor in the back, all fully carpeted, boat will be painted inside and out, will spread some goup on the inside bottom rivets and anywhere where water can get into it will be sealed up good.

Other than that, if I have enough wood I'll re do the transom also. All will be done during my March break.

Can't wait to start!

My plan is to give my boat a really good cleaning....boat is good other than that... the project for me will be checking the trailer wiring and then though its not on this line of thinking, I'M GONNA CLEAN MY TACKLE BOXES.
ron

I just have one small project. I plan to add electric start to one of my motors. Minnesota winters are very cold (and my garage is not heated), so it will have to wait until Spring, LOL.

Install a stereo,
redo the storage boxes,
install an accessory outlet for my GPS,
move the trolling motor from teh transom to teh front deck,
pull, clean, repack the bearings,
make room for my new first aid kit and Frogg Toggs.

I have, at the very least, a rod bearing and trim solenoid that need to be replaced. The carpet needs to be torn out, and the exterior needs to get its camo done by duck season. Thats last on my list and will probably not happen until mid summer.

Oh, and I need to rig up a boat blind.

No off season here - we might have top break ice but we get out and fish

Last week off Sandy Hook, NJ Cod and Tog

12-30-10005.jpg

12-30-10009.jpg

I just found my winter project recently, and I'm going to pick her up Friday. She's a 16' Sea Nymph Traveler with a 60 HP Johnson. She appears to be a solid boat, but in need of some attention. I have been looking for a project boat for two or three months now, and found several I liked on eBay and Craigslist, but never quite managed to complete a deal. I will be putting up pictures and getting started over the weekend. Can't wait!

I need to redo my Front and rear decks. Replace and recarpet the main floor. I also need to sela my entire hull. Its gotten quite a bit of leaks in it. Its going to be a massive under taking and will keep me off of the water for a while. Maybe I'll see if I can get some help from my step dad.

Latest posts