what rod holder?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00 mod

Reaction score
What rod holder do you use on your tin for transport and to hold your rods while fishing?
Jeff

I would like to know the same.

The back of the truck and bottom of the boat doesn't work that great for me.

I use a pair of these while fishing:

Scotty-Powerlock-Rod-Holder.jpg

I used to keep rods in them on the highway too, but I think I caught a rock from a passing vehicle. My favorite rod busted a line guide. Not sure exactly how it happened, but it's toast. I have marine carpet in the bed of my truck to protect rods and I made a tube for my 6.5 foot Clarus one piece. I drive a short box, crew cab Canyo. The bed is too short for the rod but it will fit at an angle. I put two hooks on the top of the box at each corner and used a piece of PVC with eyelets that hang from the hooks. It's cut to allow the reel to hang below. I built it last winter but never did use it.

I use rod savers. They make special ones for this application that have rubber holders to hold the rods in a horizontal position.

392103321.jpg

392103318.jpg

They are the Rod Saver SM6 (sidemount). They come on either 4,6,8, or 10 rod setups. They are very nice and install isn't too bad.

https://www.hillsrodholders.com/category.php?id_category=27
this is what i use for catfishing. good quality and an unbeatable price. be sure to get the 4 hole mounts.

I was referring more about what dixie posted! Rod holders that store your rods on the sides!
Jeff

Thanks for the link dixie, but for what I need, I can only put rods in the holder in one direction! Would really like a holder than can accommodate 5 rods all facing the same direction!
Jeff

PS- If anyone knows where I can get the rugged gear freedom rod holders I will buy them all!(5)

The rubber band style rodsaver is a lot better than the velcro style. Not only does it open easier, it doesn't catch hooks and it doesn't pick up dirt/debris. Oh, and when a small mouth craps on it, that stain won't come out :roll:

dyeguy1212 said:
The rubber band style rodsaver is a lot better than the velcro style. Not only does it open easier, it doesn't catch hooks and it doesn't pick up dirt/debris. Oh, and when a small mouth craps on it, that stain won't come out :roll:

dyeguy,
sounds good, but I couldn't find it. I searched Cabelas already.

I use driftmaster rod holder for trolling and my PT175 came with a large rubber tie down type strap that i use for in transit/towing.

Um no they ate not the beat rod holders in the world but they do the job for me. But yeah dyeguy is right the rubberband style ones are better. If u can mix the two then these rod holders would be awesome. I personally love them and think they look great.

dixie_boysles said:
Um no they ate not the beat rod holders in the world but they do the job for me. But yeah dyeguy is right the rubberband style ones are better. If u can mix the two then these rod holders would be awesome. I personally love them and think they look great.

Yea, I guess there's no perfect solution. I still haven't seen the rubberband type mentioned.

Right now I have 3-4 rods just sitting on the floor. If I took a buddy along there would be more clutter. So I need some sort of rod storage. Btw, you did a great job with your build. Very clean and the rod storage does look great. Thanks for your help.

Here were the kind I WAS after but CANNOT find them. They are are in a friend's tinboat that I used to borrow before I bought mine. I know for a fact that some of the new bass tracker boats at Bass Pro have this style. I tried to get in touch with the factory but could not figure out how. These are the kind you want. They are adjustible and hold the rids in there no problems! plus you dont have to deal with a strap:

mejasonfishing006.jpg

ScottSaraFishing007.jpg

Yes that is the kind I am looking for! If anyone knows something similar that would work, please let me know!
Jeff

Latest posts