12' mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanbc

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting on this site. Sofar i have found it very informative.

I have a 12' aluminum boat with a 9.8 hp merc. I do alot of trolling for trout. anyways i want to modify my boat by putting a deck on. I was thinking of putting a small platform in the rear covering the rear seat. Making a storage area for fuel or any extra items.
I was also planing a platform in the bow covering the front seat and making more storage. I do want to put a floor in, but i want to remove the middle seat for extra walking space.
Folding seats will be in the front and back. A storage box will be built in running along the port side of the boat for rod, oar storage.

and now for my question :)
If I remove the middle seat will this weaken the boat ?

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• Boat.JPG
    Boat.JPG
    377.3 KB · Views: 991
Your boat (like mine) does not have numerous, massive ribs going up the sides. Just across the floor. So the seats do add support, where as they may not be as critical in other boats. Looks like you will have to get creative, or work with what you've got.

Thanks for the input everyone. I do like Buffords build. I think i will try to do something like that. The last thing i want is the boat to crack and start leaking

Nice boat u got there. Welcome to TB. We are neighbors. Check my build. Clean it up and use it. Don't cut into that boat, its fine the way it is, I think... :D

Well the boat has been sitting outside for 3 months, I think i have made enough room in my garage for it and the 2 cars. Time to bring it home clean it up, give it some paint then we'll see about adding anything else.

eezerz said:
Nice boat u got there. Welcome to TB. We are neighbors. Check my build. Clean it up and use it. Don't cut into that boat, its fine the way it is, I think... :D

What lakes do you fish ?

I just started fishing and boating last year. Never done it before. But, I do travel to and camp all over the province. I have fished the Fraser and Pitt. Alouette, Harrison as well. But I caught my first fish on Davis Lake outside of Merritt. Davis Lake Boss Lake, Shea Lake and Thalia Lakes are the chain of lakes I like BEST....100 Mile House is awesome too!(green lake)
Anyways, looking forward to the before and afters' of your boat...
CHEERS EH!
=D>

Latest posts