Dick's Sporting Goods Deals

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brine

Reaction score
Saw on another site that Dicks had some good deals on clearance like St. Croix, Allstar, Abu etc.... at 50%. I went this morning and spoke with the guy in the fishing dept and he said that they had gotten wiped out a couple weeks ago. They still had a few Mojo's and Premiers for about 30-35% off list, no reels (that I wanted) and an All Star for about 40% off. I ended up walking away with nothing.

May be worth checking if you have one close by.

I just bought an Ugly Stik catfish rod at Dicks. They didn't have it in the store so they ordered it and had it shipped to my house. Should be here by the end of next week .Didn't have to pay for shipping.

10-Off-50-Dicks-Printable-Coupon.png

Has anyone been able to use the coupon Jim posted. Non of teh Dicks near me will accept online coupons - there was even a warning on the Dick's Web site

Apparently, once the Premiers are scanned, they are ringing up at $40, which was less than the price that was marked on them. If you happen to go, make sure you have someone scan the rods. Had I known that is what they were ringing up at, I would have bought a few.

Well... I ended up going by Dick's again today. Naturally, all of the Premiers were gone, but I landed a pretty sweet combo. I got a MH 6'6" Allstar Select rod with a Revo S LH baitcaster for $49. List was $159, marked down to $99 and this time I took the (insert explative) thing to the counter where it rang up at $49.

Lesson learned with Dick's. If it has a red sticker on it, make sure to have it scanned before you think you know the price.

It's missing the cast control knob (as most any reels that are left on the floor are) and has a few small scratches probably from folks with rings on handling them, and I had no reason to buy it other than to say... I gotta good deal #-o

No telling when I'll get to fish again :twisted:

I didn't luck out with any rod discounts, but I did manage to get a 45lb MinnKota trolling motor for 50% off. $95 total. Too bad they were out of the 55lb's and since they were on clearance, they couldn't order any. Checked 2 other stores and they didn't have them on sale.

**Not sure if any of you know this, but anytime you buy something from Dick's, go online within 48 hours and fill out the survey and you get a $10 off a $50 or more purchase. The link is at the bottom of the receipt. Sometimes I go to dicks, buy a $2 bag of candy, fill out the survey and go back the same day to use the coupon on a bigger purchase.

Stopped into Dicks tonight to look for some of the premier rods, but the guy said they were all gone because most of the employees grabbed then all. Had them scan some of the other models, but no deals there. :(

robr3004 said:
Stopped into Dicks tonight to look for some of the premier rods, but the guy said they were all gone because most of the employees grabbed then all. Had them scan some of the other models, but no deals there. :(

I don't think that's right! I am all about everyone getting in on a good deal but employees buying up all of the discounted stock (probably for all of their friends) just because they work their and see it on sale first is not fair to us (customers). Why not limit it to 1 per customer/employee?

njTom said:
robr3004 said:

I don't think that's right! I am all about everyone getting in on a good deal but employees buying up all of the discounted stock (probably for all of their friends) just because they work their and see it on sale first is not fair to us (customers). Why not limit it to 1 per customer/employee?

Yeah, that's just not right!

I was in Nashville the past 2 days. I stopped by the Dick's near my hotel and they had several of the premier spinning rods left. Same thing as in Atlanta.... the clearance price is higher than the scanned price. I ended up getting a 6'6" MH spinning rod for $39 + tax. =D>

I'll have to keep this on my radar for next year.

Well the Dicks in Chattanooga only had 1 premier rod in stock and it was a 6'-6" fast action light rod.....felt like a wet noodle....oh well. Did go to my first Academy Sports and got some good deals of lures, :D