G3 Jon Boat flooring ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
Hello , new here . :D

I have a new 1442 G3 Jon Boat that i need to add a floor to . It needs to be water/ice proof and removable . I will be using it for Duck hunting and fly fishing , Any idea on what i should use .

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Rob , Cache Valley Utah .

Exterior grade plywood. Seal it with a spar urethane. Cover it with carpet or vinyl.

Welcome to the site.

The floor of my duck boat is 3/4" exterior plywood with a 10 or 15 year exterior paint tinted to match the boat. The front deck is 1/2" plywood with 2x3 framing.

Attachments

• IMG_5425.JPG
    IMG_5425.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,990
  • IMG_5426.JPG
    IMG_5426.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,990
  • IMG_5428.JPG
    IMG_5428.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,990
  • IMG_5430.JPG
    IMG_5430.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,990
  • IMG_5431.JPG
    IMG_5431.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,990
Aluminum diamond plate. Just paint it to get rid of the reflectiveness, and no need to worry about carpet or vinyl, and whatnot.

Welcome to the site, by the way. :D

thanks !!

Here is what it looks like so far . I bought a used trailer and motor , i painted the trailer, replaced the wood and carpet and replaced the tail lites. Then Camo painted the boat and motor . Motor needed a new pump impeller , its wasn't peeing very well . The impeller was dried out and in bad shape . I also changed the oil in the lower end . I only have a 1990 Evenrude 8 hp 2 stroke ,its not going to set any speed records but should get me into some ducks .

newboatcamoed-1.jpg

This is 10 minutes from my home and where i hunt ducks , I am also a nature photographer for fun when i am not chasing deer , elk or coyotes or fly fishing . :D

scaledcutlermarsh20091_MG_4630.jpg

beautifulskycutlerIMG_0386.jpg

cutlersunset.jpg

cutler.jpg

my favorite old homestead , at sunset . :D

oldhouse.jpg

and one of my best friends and hunt partners , Jake my 4 year old Lab .

Jakepose_MG_4352.jpg

Just though i would let you know a little about me , be new here .

Thanks for looking !!!
RobK.

Latest posts