quick question?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon__

Reaction score
first off hello all, but i have been lurking for a while. i have a quick question before i decide how im going to redo my 79 15.6 foot monark, i saw most of you all using treated 2x4's, i was wanting to go with a more permanent fix and use sometime of galvanized or aluminum channel. my concearn is the weight issue with using either.

thanks for the feedback in advance.

brandon

ive been decking my g3 with channel and it weighs next to nothing.it only starts to get heavy when you add a couple sheets of 5/8 or 3/4 plywood.

Use aluminum or non-treated wood coated with spar urethane. Treated wood and aluminum don't mix well.

Yea i agree with the guy above. I have read a lot of people have had problems with treated wood. Just get non treated and then coat it with Spar Urethane.

yes,aluminum.6160 structural 2x1x.130 channel,6063 t6 1 1/2 x1 1/2 structural and architectural angle. structural has a rounded inside angle.architectural is 45 degree inside,good for making brackets.my wife is an office manager for a machine/fab shop so i get aluminum and stainless fasteners super dirt cheap.

Latest posts