Seat Pedestal Choice.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonLB

Reaction score
This seems like an anal, nit picky issue but If I'm going to spend the money why not get a few opinions first.

First I have two fishing pedestal experiences. The 3/4" pin style, and the plug in style that is just a strait post approx 2" diameter.

Anyone who has experience with multiple kinds I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences or preferences.

I'm thinking about using the Taper lock bases and pedestals just because I already have one of the bases. But I've never used them.

Whatever base and post you decide to go with remeber to put a small amount of lubricant on the outside wall of the base and post. This will make it much easier to remove the post from the base if needed. I have had both and both have "locked up tight" without lubricant making it VERY difficult to remove.

I would imagine it would be personal preference as to which... the large diameter straight pole would be easier to adjust (cut) seat height. I think the small diameter with the pin that fits into the base slot would be spring loaded for more "bounce" when being used, but unable to cut to adjust for custom seat (pole) height...

Outdoorsman.

Latest posts