looking for brackets

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paDale

Reaction score
:) i have a crestliner 1436 i want to put a floor and deck in .i was wondering where you can get brackets and straps to hold the 2by2stogether

If your asking about the Strongties you can find them at Home Depot, they come in various sizes and models.

https://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100375047/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Yeah those would be great as long as you are talking about using them to tie the 2x4s together as long as they don't come in contact with the aluminum on your boat.

TPhanks devilmutt Im pretty sure thats what im looking for.This is the first time ive done this.Im trying to figure out this website. People will have to bear with me.I still havent figured out the profile or the map.

paDale said:
TPhanks devilmutt Im pretty sure thats what im looking for.This is the first time ive done this.Im trying to figure out this website. People will have to bear with me.I still havent figured out the profile or the map.

Map?

joshhegwood said:
Yeah those would be great as long as you are talking about using them to tie the 2x4s together as long as they don't come in contact with the aluminum on your boat.

I second what Josh says. For anything contacting the boat, you can make some brackets out of aluminum angle. Also, be sure and use wood that is NOT pressure treated. The copper in treated wood will contribute to corrosion also. I used galvanized strong ties and L brackets on the deck frame, and where it was attached to the boat brace, made the brackets shown below. Good luck!

Attachments

• P1010927.JPG
    P1010927.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 569
Great post guys. I want to use the strong ties 2x2 brackets, but didn't what to attach directly to the boat. Seeing an example of homemade aluminum brackets was just the inspiration I needed. =D> =D> =D> Thanks Earlo!

Latest posts