need suggestions on a boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess it may partly depend on the kind of fishing you do. I'm partial to the jon boat so I's say the Monark. Maybe not as good in the chop but gets into some pretty shallow places and the flat bottom seems more stable if you're going to be moving around/standing up in it. It's my 2 cents worth.

yea i plan on using it for bass fishing and i do want to deck it out. So flat bottom is better? Its flat on the back but the front is a v.

Monarch...I have fished from one of these and really liked it... I have a 14' Lowe but the Monark is equal if not a better built boat.. Go for it.
peace
ron

the monark measures 54" in width. i think i will pick it up this weekend. i just hope that at $150 its still in good shape.

One of the ads says no title, find out if you need the title in your state. Proper paperwork can save a lot of time, trouble and money.

both dont have a title. The monark is further away but cheaper. I already have a trailer. I was just wondering if anyone could id the other boat. It does come with steering wheel.

I'm partial to the flat bottom boat. I like the openess of the hull; which gives you plenty of decking options. Research TX regs regarding titling a boat as previously stated. If doable, use it as a bargaining chip. Good luck!

I would also look into the titleing on the boats!! I know here it is a pain to get a title if you buy a boat without one. Seems like good deals, im also more towards flatbottoms!!! Good luck!!!

No title in Iowa is a big headache. My brothers boat from minnesota doesnt have a title and its just been sitting around for years. I have a semi-v, kind of like the 2nd one, Its not decked and heavy and it goes pretty shallow, and it rides, and cuts threw wakes nice. My buddies flat seems to bounce over the water and he has had the wind spin him around at least once that i know of (real windy day, and he was going too fast, might of happened to my boat, but still scary). Basically when we fish, if were going to the small shallow river we take the flat bottom and it slides over sandbars and shallow parts way better, lakes we use my semi-v still go pretty shallow but its nice to be able to turn the v into a wake when boats with skiers go by at speed. Im partial to the semi-v but i do own one so... Either way its just good to be out there.