Tracker Grizzly 1754, what motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcmay

Reaction score
Im thinkin about buying a Tracker Grizzly 1754, set up for a tiller motor. What size motor is the best for this set up? 40 or 30hp?

Just my opinion, but either would be underpowered on that size boat so of the two I'd definately say the 40.

They are rated up to 50 on the newer models, I went and checked one out at the end of summer I was interested in. It had a 40 horse honda on it and with 3 people (600 lbs maybe), battery, and fuel it seemed like it took forever to get on plane. I think it was four stroke though. Maybe different with a two stroke.

I am going to purchase a 2009 Model that has been in the water only 3or 4 times, so the owner says, and I have reason to believe him. Anyway, he says its rated for up to a 60. He has been running a 40 tiller(the boat has no console, which is what Im looking for) and says it runs the boat very well. My problem is 40 2 stroke tiller motors arent easy to find and when I find them they are pretty **** expensive. I have found plenty of 25's and 30's though, and they are in my price range. Now I know it will be no race horse, but as long as it will plane me and possibly anther person, Im fine with that for now. I can always start saving more money and get a new Tohatsu 2 stroke!

normally there is a console on the 1754 i put a 25hp mercury on mine dealer said not to order that setup i did to save money. motor constantly overheated because of being underpowered put a 60hp vtec on now it is running great.

75 would be over powering that boat which leads to lots of troubles. 60 is what it's rated for I think. If so that would fit the boat and loads your talking about. A 30 or 40 are going to have a hell of a time getting on plane plus guzzling gas being worked so hard to stay on plane. You won't enjoy your boat with too small an engine. Tight lines