Identify this boat please!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dropshot

Reaction score
First off I would like to thank all of you that have posted on this site for modifications/conversions. Although this is my first post on the site, it is definitely not my first visit.

Below is my so called 14ft Sea King (on the title), but I have no idea what it really is. I should have taken pics before I did all the mods but was too excited in the build. It was basically a gutted camo boat with a front compartment. I installed the framing and deck, added an electric start 9.8 merc. and 46 thrust trolling motor. Also added some closed cell spray foam, and recently installed a seat and pedestal. I am very happy with the build. I weigh about 260 and can stand on the front deck a make a full force cast. It's the walking up there I need to be careful with.

Anyways, I have looked on online dozens of times and at many different sites. Please if anyone has any information about this type of boat I am truely appreciative. Thanks tinboats.net for all your help.

Sincerely,
Dropshot
Orange County, California

Attachments

• pic 8.jpg
    pic 8.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 662
  • pic 7.jpg
    pic 7.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 662
  • pic 5.jpg
    pic 5.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 662
  • pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 662
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 662
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 662
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 662
  • pic 6.jpg
    pic 6.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 662
  • pic 9.jpg
    pic 9.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 662
I cannot help you with your boat identification. But you did a good job with your mods. Don't be too concerned with your boat's ID. I was in the same situation when I acquired my boat (1969 Hexflite jon), and was never able to locate any info about it.

Thanks for the reply.

It is something that has just bothered me for some time now (OCD). I am in the field of education and have always taken a stand that if I did not know the answer, then I would find out.

Can anyone help me???? [-o<

Thanks DuraCraft for the nice words.

Anyone else want to take a crack at it???

Bump. :)

I have seen a ton of boats like it, but still can't figure out what it is...

The HIN number would be on the back right at the transom... most likely behind that board plank that is on there... but that's only if it's a 1972 model or newer

I'm sure you've been over this, but usually there is a number on the outside of the transom called a hull identification number (HIN). This helped me determine the make and year of my boat. Good luck.

Ictalurus and russ010,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the HIN, but unfortunately this boat does not have one.

The DMV used the serial number off the motor as their way of documenting the boat.

Latest posts