redneck Ingenuity

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shinerman77

Reaction score
Bassaddict and me found a nice lake to fish. the only problem was we wanted to get our boat too it. It is about 100 yards from the parking lot to the water. We have a 12' 1963 sears jon boat. It is too heavy to carry with the trolling motor, battery and all the other fishing gear. I looked for a little cart or something in all the fishing magizines but everything was 50 dollars or more. So finally I came up with this. I spent 11 dollars for the 2 X 4 and all the hardware and just borrowed the rear wheels off my lawnmower.

normal_100_0135.JPG

normal_100_0137.JPG

normal_100_0138.JPG

exacly we are going to try it out tommorrow morning. Hopefully we will come back with some nice fish. It is the same pond I won the labor day tourney out of.

Here is a little tip for ya.
You may want to put a little stop so that the boat doesn't slide back, and try to hit the wheels, while pushing it. A scrap of 2 x material, and a screw will work just dandy.

Awesome job - you can alse use bicycle wheels for the same effect.

We might need a new section - "other boat things we build" or something

esquired said:
Ditto.

Kinda goes under the same lines as that thing I mentioned a month or so back, about just a "projects" section, instead of, or in addition to the jon conversion section.

Call it "The fiddlefart room". I tell my boss that if someone would pay me to tinker and fiddlefart around, I would have it made. Its not redneck inginuity, its just good sense. Why buy something that I can build, and probally better.

Great addition to the boat.

bassboy1 said:
esquired said:
Ditto.

Kinda goes under the same lines as that thing I mentioned a month or so back, about just a "projects" section, instead of, or in addition to the jon conversion section.

we are working on a projects page as well as the homepage again....couple of months (the web designer has a couple projects ahead of mine)

Just a suggestion, but if you centered the load it would be easier to move around. Push it, pull it kind of like a boat trailer.

Attachments

• boat cart.jpg
    boat cart.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,004
bassboy1 said:
esquired said:
Ditto.

I kind of like the "redneck inginuity" name :twisted:

Well?? Did the cart/dolly work out OK?

Did you catch any fish?

And, with Spring/Summer almost here...how are you going to mow the lawn with a wheel less lawn mower? :lol:

Latest posts