Alumacraft 1448 Deck Build Question???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lfitz

Reaction score
I have a 1448 and was wondering if anyone has attempted to build a raised deck for fishing and possibly storage, I am brand new to the forum and just got this boat, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 14' Alumacraft Shallow V that I plan to put a rear deck in. It is going to be the same height as the top of the benches in the pictures below, and take up about the last 1/3 of the boat. Before deciding to do this mod, I took a piece of plywood and put it on top of the last two benches while out on the water. I walked all over it, and decided (in my opinion) it was plenty stable. I did the same thing on the front two benches, and it was significantly more prone to rocking up there. I am going to build a front "deck" but it won't be for standing on...it will be for mounting a bow mount motor and storage.

I recommend you do the plywood trick before making any decisions!

boatdemo1.jpg

boatdemo.jpg

lfitz said:
I have a 1448 and was wondering if anyone has attempted to build a raised deck for fishing and possibly storage, I am brand new to the forum and just got this boat, any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quo

What is your boat?
1. semi-vee
2. flat bottom with squared off front
3. a full vee

I have a 1448 mv and built a front deck on it and like it very much. It is stable and has storage, plenty of room.

I think that is the exact boat w/ exactly what I was thinking of, do you have any plans or anything?