Seat base plates

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter

Reaction score
Does anybody have a pic of the underside of a seat base plate? I'm trying to figure out why they are so dang expensive for what they are. $20 is the cheapest I have found them and if they are all I think they are I'm going to build them instead of buying them. I found the replacement inserts for about $2 a piece. A little time and a very little bit of material should make a real nice one.

I don't have a pic of the underside of the seat base, but I do agree they are expensive. I recommend buying one and use it as a template for building your own. Then return it afterwards. That way there's no guess work.

From the ones I have used, the post in inserted into the plate and welded under neath, 1/4" alum plate should work, but for the reliability issues, I would buy mine, jus sayin.

Went and looked at them in the store today. I don't even need to buy one as a template, it's a very simple part to build. I'm going to order the plastic inserts and try to make one to see how it works out.

Latest posts