Wondering what decking my boat will do to stability

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aluminumboatlover

Reaction score
hello me and my dad are wondering what decking our boat will do to its stability. my boat is a 14 foot lowe sea nymph deep v. Out of luck of the draw i have almost the exact same boat as the user backpain. i am 12 and my dad is wondering what decking the floor will do to the stability? we are wondering if the added height above the water will make a capsizing problem. i have been trolling this site for about 3 hours a day for a week and have learned quite a bit. still, my dad wants proof that adding a foot of height wont become a problem. if you look at backpains conversion project through the moderator's link under v boats you will find his. any feedback greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TB - You should be fine decking your boat. Not sure how to give your dad "proof" over the internet, but if you look at the 100s of conversions here you will see no one has capsized from decking their boat - not even me!

If anything it adds stability. Light open boats rock more and are kinda squirrely. Decks, trolling motor, and batteries make the boat heavy so it will be harder to load on a trailer.

has anyone thout of adding pvc to the sides to add stability i am modin a 14ft aerocraft but its kinda shaky already without the deck :shock:

Latest posts