***could you identify this boat please??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vthokies199

Reaction score
can some one please identify maybe the make posibly year ...i have "supposedly a 14 ft johnson v bottom all to hell at the moment that i am about to go under way restoring i want to put a removable deck up front to the first bench also floor in the middle and maybe deck the very bak??.i was also wondering what would be the easiest cost effective way to seal the bottom (steel flex...bedliner...etc) i am cluesless to this part ..i am open for any ideas or suggestions thanks and god bless!

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 311
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 311
  • boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 311
  • boat 4.jpg
    boat 4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 311
  • boat 5.jpg
    boat 5.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 311
  • boat 6.jpg
    boat 6.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 311
  • boat 7.jpg
    boat 7.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 311
  • boat 8.jpg
    boat 8.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 311
Post the HIN (Hull Identificatio Number), usually located on the transom. This will greatly increase your chances.

i belive the transoms been replaced so no numbers does it look like a johnson?? also does it look like a shallow v boat? thanks for the help

It is almost impossible to answer your questions (make, year) by looking at the pictures... I would say that the brackets in the rear of the boat going from the transom (back) out to the sides might not be original to the boat as they look to me like thay have been added to the boat after it was made.

My best advice would be that if the boat was registered in TN under the numbers "TN 4532F then try to contact whatever goverment agency registers boats in TN... In Wisconsin it would be the DNR (Department of Natural Resources). They should be able to reference that number for the information you are looking for...

Good Luck..

Outdoorsman

might give that a shot sounds like a good idea anyway..as far as decking...i want the front decked to the bench and id like to have a low floor and maybe leave the bench in the middle and back but would i be stable to walk around fairly easy?? thanks for the help guys!

**any body got any ideas about sealent on the bottom or inside the bottom of the boat maybe?? anyone ever heard of 5200??

Latest posts