Side Console Ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark29860

Reaction score
Hello folks, I've got a G3 with a side console, its an aluminum console with I guess you call it a plastic dash on top, the only thing in the dash is a fuel gauge, I would like to mount a Lowrance Hds8 on a Ram mount, I think if I bolted it to the dash it would break, I could take the plastic dash off get a piece of aluminum paint it and screw it to the top of the console that would work but what about the fuel gauge, if anyone's got any ideas I'd appreciate it. Thanks

If you are bolting the ram mount to the plastic console I would use a piece of aluminum or thin steel as a backing plate underneath the plastic. Then bolts through the ram mount, plastic and the backing plate and use flat and lock washers and nuts.

You could leave the plastic crap on the top of the console, and install a RAM mount to the side of the console. This would allow the sonar to directed towards you while driving, turned a bit when passengers want to see what's on the screen, turned around so you can see it from the bow deck, and so on.

I know a guy who has some big ole' Lowrance (as far as the high dollar units go, I'm only knowledgeable with Humminbirds) mounted that way on his 17 ft. Stratus, and it does work very nicely.

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "what about the fuel gauge." Is there no room on the existing aluminum part of the console to drill a hole and mount it (assuming it is currently mounted in the plastic trim piece).

Latest posts