Lets save some money from buying ice, make your own.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty.hook

Reaction score
I checked the heading in this boat house forum and it said "Boating related questions,small projects, custom work and talk go here" so if I posted this tidbit in the wrong place, please place it right, thanx.
For all you guys and girls that use lots of ice in your coolers and have all the hassels of dealing with live wells, I have your solution. Almost everyone here on the Gulf Coast has a problem keeping fish alive because of the heat. So I fill up three 67 oz plastic soda water bottles and some three 20 oz bottles, freeze them and put in my cooler and I have instant cold. My cooler is approx 48 to 50 quart so this works out great. Just add fish and and keep on fishing with no worries. Wash the bottles down, refreeze and your ready for next time. I have used this the same way with bass and crappie, red fish, speckled trout and flounder and never ever a problem for the past 10 years or so.. This will save you lots of money in a year. I also carry a small cooler with some 20 oz bottles for my cold drinks. In most cases even in the summer, the ice will last about 6 hours or so. I bought a little 3 cu ft freezer and put in the garage for freezing bottles and fish only. Good fishing to ya.

i use the smaller 12oz bottles frozen to extend the life of the ice in the cooler, and doubles as drinking water in a short time if needed. I use the livewell instead of a cooler for the few fish i catch. lol.

Latest posts