Found a newer boat... 1993 Alumacraft v-14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zubes

Reaction score
So, I'm stuck in the house with a Blizzard outside and while checking craigslist I came across a great deal... I think.

It's a 1993 Alumacraft V-14. The pics aren't great, but the guy is only a few miles from my house. He want's $775 and it comes with a 35 lb thrust MinnKota trolling motor and an Eagle 245DS locator. Trailer looks rough, but comes with 12" tires, a spare, and bearing buddies. I don't really need the trolling motor, but the locator would be an upgrade. I'm not too excited about the trailer either way since I just overhauled my current one and I imagine (hope) it would work with this boat.

My current boat is an early '70s Alumacraft (14 ft) with a 52" beam with a 40-something bottom width. It's kinda tippy and get's really tight with three guys. From what I can tell, this boat has a 66"-68" beam so that's the main upgrade (more stability and more room). What do you think?

I will not be able to see it in person until like Thurs or Fri when this storm let's up and then it's going to be super cold and looks like the boat will be full of snow (18" plus drifting).

Any thoughts?

Zubes said:
So, I'm stuck in the house with a Blizzard outside and while checking craigslist I came across a great deal... I think.

It's a 1993 Alumacraft V-14. The pics aren't great, but the guy is only a few miles from my house. He want's $775 and it comes with a 35 lb thrust MinnKota trolling motor and an Eagle 245DS locator. Trailer looks rough, but comes with 12" tires, a spare, and bearing buddies. I don't really need the trolling motor, but the locator would be an upgrade. I'm not too excited about the trailer either way since I just overhauled my current one and I imagine (hope) it would work with this boat.

My current boat is an early '70s Alumacraft (14 ft) with a 52" beam with a 40-something bottom width. It's kinda tippy and get's really tight with three guys. From what I can tell, this boat has a 66"-68" beam so that's the main upgrade (more stability and more room). What do you think?

I will not be able to see it in person until like Thurs or Fri when this storm let's up and then it's going to be super cold and looks like the boat will be full of snow (18" plus drifting).

Any thoughts?

From one WI guy to another - check the transom. I bought mine in February and it/and the floor felt VERY solid. Turns out, the water in them was frozen SOLID. :x

Otherwise, it looks good. I bought mine with a frozen 40hp motor, finder, troller and trailer with new axle for $800. So it's definitly in the range of good deal.

Here's another you might look at - 14 footer and 15hp motor for $750.

https://madison.craigslist.org/boa/2190805739.html

Thanks for the tip on the transom. I could have easily overlooked that, not that replacing the transom is too difficult, but it could be used in negotiating price. :D

Judging my the size of the drifts in my backyard (4'-5'), it's going to be a miracle if it isn't completely buried in snow after last night.