Where do I order a new capacity plate?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
My last capacity plate was pretty much destroyed with my rebuild. I took a picture of it, but now it is covered up by carpeting.

Where can I order another one? The state of WI requires it of me :(

Thanks!

Here's an idea take your picture down to the local trophy shop and have a brass sheet engraved with the needed information. A 4" by 4" plate shouldn't set you make much and would a a custom look to the boat.

Will, I got a new one for my Alumacraft by contacting them directly and they sent me one for free. It was a sticker and not the metal type, but it was cheaper than a website I found....

The website... I found it one time and it is on Tinboats here somewhere, but I can't find it. All you do is fill out the info, pay for it and they send it to you. I'll keep digging

Thank guys, My boat is custom enough. A brass plate would look really out of place on my aged aluminum look :)

The boat is a 1978 Sea Nymph - pretty sure they got bought by another manufacturer and I'd be out of luck there.

Russ - I remember that on here too, but couldn't find it again. I searched for a while last night before I posted. I don't think it's under 'capacity plate' :roll:

wasilvers said:
Russ - I remember that on here too, but couldn't find it again. I searched for a while last night before I posted. I don't think it's under 'capacity plate' :roll:

I just spent an hour looking for it after I wrote that.. I even looked through all nearly 4000 posts of mine to see if I might have posted it somewhere again.. no luck.

Then I did a search on google, and came up with notta. You might be able to get the new sponsor to make something for ya

russ010 said:
wasilvers said:

I just spent an hour looking for it after I wrote that.. I even looked through all nearly 4000 posts of mine to see if I might have posted it somewhere again.. no luck.

Then I did a search on google, and came up with notta. You might be able to get the new sponsor to make something for ya

Yeah, I searched again and googled too, iboats etc... Good call on the sponsor, I'll pursue that. Win/win!

I see a business opportunity here, just get on google's front page and you can have a fair amount of business. :D

I'm getting closer....

https://www.nmma.org/certification/products/labelsanddecals.aspx

Tinboats sponsor VinalImagesInc will do it for me for a decent price. Gotta love this site!

Thanks for the help Russ010. That and maybe one more piece of carpeted plywood across the back and my boat will be called "DONE"!!!!

:D

wasilvers said:
Tinboats sponsor VinalImagesInc will do it for me for a decent price. Gotta love this site!

Thanks for the help Russ010. That and maybe one more piece of carpeted plywood across the back and my boat will be called "DONE"!!!!

:D

Awesome - I can already tell bulldog is a part of the tinboat family and I'll do all I can to support him! =D>

Latest posts