Trying to find out what kind of boat I have.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guessing you dont have a title?,look around on the transom(rear)usaully on the left side,should be a HID # (hull identification number)last two digets should indicate the year,letters can tell you the manufaturer,do a search under hull numbers to lead you to site that break it down for you.Found out for myself that if it was made before August 1971,there might not be any number,just do some research you should find out what you need,LOOK for that number

168422_1878353117448_1199857342_2317252_6868605_n.jpg

I went to boatsafe.com and they had a nice page about HINs. And a link to a Coast Guard Site that showed manufacturer codes. There is also a BOATFAX.com just like CARFAX.com! You have to pay for an advanced search, but putting in the HIN got me make and model year free!

Thanks Josh,
But since my boat was made in 1971,it is before HID's where mandtory,so all I have is a 5 diget serial number ending in 72,inorder for any HID search it has to be a 12 diget Alpha/Numerical, thanks anyways had already tried searching through the Coast Guard site,nada

Latest posts