New Guy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncsutacoma

Reaction score
Hello all! I am new to the forum, been messing with small boats for some time now, but never had to do much more than paint one, or replace the treated plywood in the transom. In searching for solutions to my latest jon boat dilemma google yielded several results from this sight, I have been reading multiple posts, so I decided to join and post up my question.

My latest endevour is a 14' 1972 lowe V-bow jon boat. I have found when running on plane the center floor of the boat "pops" or "tin cans" upward because the metal is not strong enough to resist the force of the water. The boat lacks the "beefy" ribbing found in newer jon boats and I am almost certain that is the reason why I have issues with the hull flex. Does anybody have any suggestions for what could be done economically to fix this problem? Or should I just write this off as a loss and try to find another hull?

Get another boat, you might end up spending money than what another boat would cost, plus the headaches and worry about the future of that boat, will it hold and work or not, get another boat.