Do you clean your boat after fishing?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooky1420

Reaction score
I always spray mine down with the hose, but wondering if anyone had any suggestions on this. I want to keep my boat as nice as possible. I only fish in freshwater if that makes a difference...

I hose-off and wipe mine down about 99% of the time after I return home. Normally, it's just to remove the scum line from around the hull, and I also spray the trailer down real well also. At the beginning of each season I'll also wax (Meguire's NXT auto wax) the trailer (it's gloss black), and treat all of the rubber fittings around the lights, and the black plastic fenders, with Armorall. I also treat the tires, and I wax the rims, even though they're just painted silver. Gotta make it last, as it's probably the last boat and trailer I'll ever own.

I rinse my boat after every trip with the hose. If I notice it getting a little dirty I will then wash it down with some soapy water.

You should clean it to keep from moving evasive plants and animals to new bodies of water.

I usually wash it every other trip to the lake so the slim doesn't build up too bad at the waterline. Wax it at least 1-2 times a year, (spring and fall) keep the carpet clean and free of coffee stains and no dut crumbs. keeps the ants out as well.

I'm in the minority. I don't wash my boat after a fishing trip. I slap the charger on the batteries and head on in. I wash the hull and vac the carpet during down time.

When I had my tracker, as soon as I got off the water I would spray BassBoat Saver on it and wipe it off. It really helped and puts a slim coat of wax and kept it shining like new all the time.

I always wipe down and vacuum after I take my Dad's Ranger out because he is sort of a neat freak lol.

But the jon boat only gets a spray down whenever it's down right filthy.

Unfortunately with the loose sand all over my area, as soon as it rains, that wet sand bounces up and clings to the side and bottom of anything it touches, including my boat. So I am not worried about washing mine off, the next time I drop it in the water the sand will disappear :mrgreen:

screwballl said:
Unfortunately with the loose sand all over my area, as soon as it rains, that wet sand bounces up and clings to the side and bottom of anything it touches, including my boat. So I am not worried about washing mine off, the next time I drop it in the water the sand will disappear :mrgreen:

Do you fish salt or brackish water, or inland waters?

Waterwings said:
screwballl said:

Do you fish salt or brackish water, or inland waters?

It will be inland waters (all of them electric-only ponds/lakes), then some day down the road if I ever find a good deal on a 9-10hp gas motor, I will take it on the faster moving creeks and rivers, still freshwater.

I live in northwest FL so the ground is all sand, not dirt.

Latest posts