LED Clamp-on lights ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out westmarine.com.

https://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=34596&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10109&subdeptNum=10577&classNum=10578

jgp12000 said:
Anyone know of any good clamp-on 12V LED lights for night fishing?
If you can, try to get a good look at the clamp you'll be buying with the lights. I bought clamp-on lights and the c-clamps were not strong enough to hold up in real conditions. I ended up supporting the lights with the addition of velcro strips.

I bought a set from Cabelas. Only used it once before selling my previous boat. The LED light itself is nice, but the build quality of the clamps and aft light pole lacks strength and durability. Outboard vibrations, waves, and bumps from boat towing can weaken the light structure. You'd have to take down the lights prior to towing and clamp them on while on the water. Too much redundant work for me. IMO, you're better off installing permanent nav lights.

Sorry I didn't clarify my question better, I mean't some for port/starboard to watch corks not navigation lights ?

I fabricated these night fishing lights with LED racing lights from Advance Auto,1.5" channel aluminum,clamps and 12volt cords from harbor freight, and covered it with the largest heat shrink I could find. The lights are very bright and even hooked them to a battery for 5 days ,they never got dimmer or came close to killing the battery they draw less than 2 amps when I checked with ammeter.

Attachments

• DSCI0847.JPG
    DSCI0847.JPG
    949.6 KB · Views: 584