Antique Tin Alumacrafts'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reedjj

Reaction score
I came across these on the alumacraft owners group FB page. I know where there is a really cool old boat. I think after I complete my current build I am gonna see if I can get that antique and try a restoration.

Attachments

• 55alum2.jpg
    55alum2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 644
  • redalum.jpg
    redalum.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 644
  • 1955alumcrftM14_61merc45.jpg
    1955alumcrftM14_61merc45.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 644
I really like how the bottom of the red one is polished aluminum.

Today after work I might drive down to where I saw that old boat and talk to the guy that owns it. Try to find out some info about it and if its for sale.

I have this idea in my head about a restoration similar to what Chip foose does with old cars. New engine,drive train, suspension,wheels etc. I would like to do something similar to that but apply boating principals to it.

The boat that I am interested in is alot like the one in the bottom pic but it only has one area for sitting not two separate ones. I think it would look really "tough" if the bottom was polished aluminum and from the middle of the side on over the top was painted white with 2 blue stripes (like a chevelle or 442). And a new Honda 4 stroke 40 or 50hp motor with thier silver color would really look nice. White vinyl seats, white gauges etc.

Not an actual restoration to original, but more of a boat version of a hot rod restoration.

Man, I wouldn't wait until you're finished with your current project to get the old boat. What happens if the current owner finds out how cool it is in the mean time? I love those boats and if I had a barn I'd have it full of them. I scour CL all the time looking for them and you can really get them for a steal sometimes. Here's the one I'm working on...

speedyfront.jpg

I went to talk to the guy that owns the boat I'm interested in but the place was closed early. Here are a few pics of "Elizabeth". Not sure what make she is. One thing is for sure... She doesn't leak. You can see that she's full of water and it hasn't rained since yesterday.

Attachments

• elizabeth.jpg
    elizabeth.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 582
  • elizabeth2.jpg
    elizabeth2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 582
  • elizabeth3.jpg
    elizabeth3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 582
  • elizabeth4.jpg
    elizabeth4.jpg