taking center seat out will it

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper

Reaction score
i would like to take out center bench seat ,, will it change the integrity of the boat as far as strength and warping ? I plan to put flooring in it and a front casting deck

I have a 1440 and I have no issues. I put in a floorboard and front casting deck

392281944.jpg

392441691.jpg

392441681.jpg

U should be fine. Now I cut mne out. Don't take side rivets out.

that is too funny i was just looking at your rig and said that was well done , i like it ,, i just picked up a 1445 and want to make some mods on it yours is like what i was wanting to do ., thanks for your in put i do beleave it is going to come out thanks
PS can you tell me who makes this boat i have not a clue ?

Attachments

• 0207010855.jpg
    0207010855.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 1,673
  • 0207010854.jpg
    0207010854.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 1,673
Your boat looks more like a 1432 to me. The width measurement is the bottom width, not the top width.

I want to open my boat up aswell by removing the middle seat. Will it effect the structure of the boat? the ribs on my boat do not go up the sidewalls.

Grasshopper, you would need to do your boat a little different than mine. U see how u don't have a bench all the way up front. Ur two front benches are more like middle benches. So if u built a front casting deck it would have to come all the way to the back of the first bench. Mine only went to the first rib and I used the front bench as support.

You would either have to remove both benches and build u a nice casting deck with storage underneath like mine OR exrend a deck to the back of the first bench and make flush decking access doors like on a bass boat to be able to use space under casting deck

I see what your saying the casting deck would be 3.5 feet long from the front of the bench and it would hold the battery and storage ,, i have a 6hp Johnson and 5 gallons gas plus me on the stern,, the battery would be for TM and night lights if needed .. it will only be a two person boat being that it is 1432 ( narrow ) i would want to make as balance as possible ,, what do you think??? :?:

grasshopper said:
i would like to take out center bench seat ,, will it change the integrity of the boat as far as strength and warping ? I plan to put flooring in it and a front casting deck

Yes, it will change the integrity of the boat. But, if your not running a 40 HP on the back through rough water you'll probably be alright. You may want to think about a rasied casting deck on a 32" bottom, take it out this weekend and stand up on one of the benches and you'll know pretty quickly if you're comfortable or not up that high. The nice thing about your set up is the extra bench seat. You can take out one of those (you pick) and put in a low deck with seat posts at your desired locations. I would add a small bow deck for storage and TM mount locations too. Great looking boat, can't wait to see the mods!

Latest posts