what would have to be done to fix this boat up?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd only buy it at the value of the trailer, and may or may not actually consider fixing it.

Off the top of my head, if I were to go about fixing that, I'd probably remove the entire starboard side panel, fabricate a new one, and rivet it back on. The port side damage wouldn't be much of an issue to fix, and I think the transom would be fixable too. In any case it will take a pretty good number of labor hours, so unless your labor is free, it probably isn't worth it.

I do not think the price is too bad, but it would be nice if you could talk them down at least $200.
Being aluminum, it can be pulled back out, the holes patched and a little paint job (or rattle can cammo job). The interior can be easily rebuilt although it will not match perfectly. If you have a working gas motor already and have the ability to pull, straighten and patch the aluminum then I could be a decent boat. Otherwise you are looking at $5000 for a pro to fix a $2000 boat.

Bassboy is a pretty knowledgeable young man when it comes to virtually anything marine (I know I've picked his brain enough in the past :lol: ) & if he says it's not worth it, then I'd probably heed his advise. BUT if you got your heart set on wanting it, then I'd take a gamble & wait till the auction was over, hope no one bids on it & if no one does, make him an offer of $200-$300.00 less. But $895.00 with no motor or center counsel & the extensive damage does make the price seem a little too high. Btw, what precisely caused that damage to the boat, a car maybe? One last thing, IF you do decide to get it, perhaps take it to a trusted body shop with a good reputation for straightening frames & pulling out good size dents & see what they say. :?:
Good Luck!

thanks for the replies... i'll keep looking around. I dont really mind the hours i would put into it as i enjoy a good project here and there. but i havnt seen any real good deals in months and usually anything under a grand on craigslist here gets snatched up before i can get a chance at it.

thegreathoe said:
thanks for the replies... i'll keep looking around. I dont really mind the hours i would put into it as i enjoy a good project here and there. but i havnt seen any real good deals in months and usually anything under a grand on craigslist here gets snatched up before i can get a chance at it.

I would search craigslist. The rule goes: Craigslist to buy, Ebay to sell.

Check out the price for scrap aluminum, figure out the weight of the boat, then buy the rig, scrap the boat and sell the trailer on Craigslist. You'll probably turn a reasonable profit. Then buy a complete rig.

Latest posts